Wednesday, January 9, 2013

LIVE Your REP

Hey guys! 
 I've been really going through some interesting things during the last half of 2012 and into the new year! 
 I'm still working on the blog entry that will pretty much sum it up. It will focus on the Valley Season and its beauty...So...be on the lookout for that!
 In the meantime, I was doing a daily reading this morning and came across an amazing scripture in Romans 1:16-17.
 It reads as follows:
16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written. The just shall live by faith.
 Now, I'm not really going to focus on the whole "We are not ashamed" aspect of this scripture but it's always spoken on and just a little kinda self-explanatory. 
So here's my one punch on that: BE BOLD ABOUT WHO YOUR REP :-)
 Alrighty, moving right along. . .
What really struck me about this scripture was really the verse 17 and its references to Faith. 
Most people who are within a single religion consider to word 'faith' to reference a belief in things one cannot see, or, a deep trust.  And this is most  certainly true as we can see denoted in Hebrew 11:1 "Now, faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." 
Anyway, in this scripture I see that meaning, and another meaning of the word Faith, which would be defined as a Set of beliefs, a religion belief system - if you will.

So, with that meaning in mind, what this says to me is:
1. That God reveals aspects of His nature to varying faiths across the globe
                      (this does not necessarily include or exclude every dilly dally           sect or system out there)
2.  We can take that even smaller - or deeper - and say that God reveals aspects of his nature to people within every organized (and disorganized) structure that exists on this planet!     
        I know I have questioned whether those who make the decision to join certain cults, organizations, or things of that nature have kinda ruined a stronger connection with God (judge me if you want :-)).
  And, while I still believe that just because something is accessible does not mean it is beneficial...
I can say by this scripture that God can, will, and DOES reach down into even those confines and reveal himself to people. 
And those people can make the choice to BOLDLY PROCLAIM CHRIST. . .or just stick to proclaiming the past.
*I was talking to one of my closest friends the other day and he was telling me about his amazing experience at the IMPACT conference. During the conference, the man preaching spoke our duty as Christians within our separate organizations: be they Greek, Business, or even other Christian organizations. The preacher urged thee conference participants to BE THE ONES REPPING CHRIST in their organizations even if no one else was doing it! I took this to be a very powerful message! (and true too!) We have the power and the responsibility to activate that power in Christ Jesus!*
 
About this whole "proclaiming Christ" thing and "who you rep" life. . .
It's about what you speak from your mouth, sure, yea...BUT...it's more about  what your life speaks
Part B of verse 17 says "As it is wrriten, 'The just shall live by faith.' 
What that means is this:
1. No matter your surroundings (could be as deep as a cult or as surface as a clique)   believe that when you open your mouth to REP CHRIST to your natural surroundings... He is ALREADY reppin' YOU to the Spiritual surroundings that would otherwise seek to silence you! In other words, God Got YOU BOO! 
2. LIVE what you REP! If you can say, "Yea, I believe in God." Or, "Yea, I'm a Christian." Or the ever popular, "Yea, me n Jesus cool." My advice to you then is to LET THAT SHOW. 
Life is straight up SHOW, then tell. . .just like we learned in preschool and kindergarten.  Nobody ever was interested in seeing us come to school, get up to the front and just TALK about what an amazing gift we have...They wanted to SEE it.
So let us see it! Show us with your life this amazing gift you're walking around with that makes you call yourself a Chrstian! 
 
My Favorite song (of right now) which I am coincidentally working on a cover of (yay!) is called Living Hallelujah by Sarah Kelly. 
There lyrics are posted below. I hope you'll feel free to graze over them and look her up on youtube to hear the song (It's a Country Christian song, fyi). If you want to hear a more jazzed up version...sit tight for a couple ______ and I'll be posting my version!)
 
Who am I?
That You came to earth for me, to die on a tree
Who are You?
You're Son of Man, Son of God
Yes, I believe it's true.
 More than words, I cling to You
May all I say and may all I do be
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
May everything about me be Hallelujah to My King!
Hallelujah
Halleujah
May everything about me Hallelujah! 
 
All of me!
I surrender, completely
Take control
I want all of You, and I'm letting go
I am healed and I'm forgiven
I am free because I'm living
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
May everything about me be Hallelujah to My King!
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
May everything about me be Hallelujah!
 
And it's all so clear!
It's all so clear!
I was BORN to worship!
And it's all so clear!
It's all so clear!
I was born to worship. . .
 
 
Be Blessed All!
Love You and . . .
See you next post ;-D  

No comments:

Post a Comment